22 Oct 2009

I AM SO EXCITED!!

I was going to post some wip photos and house building photos, but now I can't find the camera. The camera bag is there, the usb cable is there, but not the camera. So apologies once again. (The camera is working, even though it is still doing the 'jittery thingy', DH replaced the batteries DOH!!)

I am so looking forward to tomorrow. I am finishing work early and then making way to a little place called Narbethong. What for you may ask? A Stitching Retreat!!! This is being organised by a fellow stitcher and ONS owner Bernadette. Check-in is any time after 2pm, I am hoping to arrive at around 5pm. I am thinking a which wips to take, perhaps a new start also. I suppose that I should also take some clean clothes and other stuff, toiletries etc.

I have met Bernadette on a couple of other occasions, so I am looking forward to catching up with her, but as I have only ever been to one stitching afternoon before, at Bernadette's house, I haven't met many other stitchers and bloggers. There will be 'goody bags' and stash shopping as Bernadette is bringing her shop with her.

Just so there is a photo for this post here is a picture of how our house will look when it is finished. The photo is from the National Builders website, and if you click on the link it will take you to a page where you can down load a pdf file to see the floor plan of the house. Ours is the Sandhurst 3ooE. We have changed a couple of things; taken out the hall-way behind the kitchen to the home theatre and just 'moved' the kitchen back. The door to the home theatre will then be past the kitchen. And we have added an additional 1.5 metres onto the width of the garage. The entry was huge, a room all of its own, so we made that a bit narrower and gave the extra space to the study and living rooms, but we still have the double doors at the front.











Well I must go and start packing for the weekend and try a do some house work just so that DH doesn't have so much to worry about.
Bye for now, happy stitching and stay safe.

14 comments:

Marita said...

I hope you have a lovely time at the stitching retreat. The house looks really gorgeous.

Kathy A. said...

Have a wonderful time at your stitching retreat. There is nothing like the company of other stitchers to motivate someone.
Love your new house plans. It will be awesome.

Chiloe said...

Teh house looks great !!! I hope to see pictures soon ;-)

Have fun duriong the retreat lucky you :-)

Ranae said...

Have lots of fun at the retreat, we wabt to see pics.
Good Luck on the hounse.
I took some things off my blog, maybe now you can open it.

Louanne said...

That sounds like fun! Have a great time! You new home is going to be gorgeous! Best wishes!

Claire said...

Sounds great,have fun.

Karoline said...

Hope you've had a lovely time at your retreat

Chars said...

Have fun at the retreat :) Your new house looks great :) When you are settled and ready - email me and we can arrange to meet up! Will be fun :)

Gabi said...

Wishing you lots of fun at your retreat. And the changes you made are making a lot of sense. When looking at that plan I thought I would have done exactly the same. We changed quite a bit at our house too when we got it built.

Bee Jay said...

What a beautiful home you'll have. Hope the stitching weekend went well and you enjoyed it.
Blessings!

Pumpkin said...

I'm SO jealous but I hope you have a wonderful time at your retreat! I really miss going to mine :o(

Your house will be amazing! Can't wait until you find your camera. LOL!

Lynn said...

Your house is going to be great! I can't wait until you post a picture.
A stitching retreat....what fun! I just returned from a weekend of stitching with friends and I can't think of a better way to destress. Enjoy!

mainely stitching said...

You sound so excited that I'm excited for you!

samplerlover said...

Hi Joanne, how have you been. Your new house is beautiful and I am sure that you will enjoy living in such a lovely house.
I am sure your stitching retreatwas wonderful and that you had a lovely time. It is always lovely to get together with girls who love doing the things. - Sandra.

An Aussie girl who loves to cross stitch