19 Mar 2008

Some WIP Pictures

Here is a picture of A Love Song. It is by Fouroaks Designs. It was one of the first designs that I had to have when I first started looking at cross stitch on the internet. I tend to work on this when I am travelling, and when it calls to me, as it is a very enjoyable piece to stitch for me, no colour changes and it is easy to keep track of where I am up to. I am stitching it on antique white linen, I think it is 32 ct, and I am using Vicki Clayton's silk in the colour way of Garnet. I am loving stitching on this and seeing the different motifs appear on my fabric. The chart for this is divided into four parts, with the bottom portions being smaller that the top. The very left hand side of the border is where the bottom page ends. So I will say that I have done a quarter of this.



















I would also like to share where I am up to on my Village of Hawk Run Hollow. I am trying to complete one square per month and have been successful so far except for the grave yard square, which took about two months because of the solidly stitched block. I do have breaks from this if I need to during the month by stitching on something else for a night or two if I need/want to. I am stitching this on 40 ct Lambswool linen and using Vicki Claytons silk again, this is a great conversion by Vicki and I am enjoying stitching this design with the silks.













This is a closer picture of the block that I am currently working on, nearly finished, so well on track to completion for this month.














I have been feeling a little flat lately, and my old 'friend' (or foe) depression has come for a visit. It seems to be worse when I am pre-mentrual, (sorry if this is TMI) but I am mainly putting it down to the move, and not being successful with a number of job applications with my current employer. With moving I am not guaranteed a position, but have to apply for them as they become available, I am okay with this, but I am limited to two branches which I can apply for, and need to wait until other employers move on. I asked to be put on leave with no pay while waiting to be appointed to a position, but first of all I have to use up all of my other leave entitlements. I am so not happy about having to use my Long Service Leave as I have worked for a long time to be able to have this and was hoping to use it for something pleasurable.
This is the main reason for no posts the last month or so, but I do love the stitching community and the people in it, looking at every ones pictures and reading about what they have been up to. So I have decided to let all of you know what has been going on. Sorry for the rant :(
On a brighter note, both boys have settled into their respective schools very well, and Caitlyn is enjoying her two days per week of kindergarten.
I think this is long enough and thanks for all of your wonderful comments on my last post, I really appreciate everyone for stopping by and I hope that you all get lots of stitching done.

24 comments:

Kim B said...

Sorry to hear your life has been so hectic lately. Life has a way of doing that and usually at very in-opportune times. I think "A Love Song" is gorgeous! I hope you will have lots of pictures as it evolves. It is so lovely! And your other project - Village of Hawk Run Hollow - seems to be really coming along.

Lynn said...

I've been battling that same foe for a number of years now. February is quite often a bad month for me and this year's prolonged winter is not helping!
On a brighter note, your WIP are just lovely. Don't you just love VC silks? I'm using them on my CdC and getting hooked. That Garnet is so rich looking and it's such a pretty pattern!

Sharon said...

Who can blame you! I would be not so happy with using my leave time like that too. I hope it will resolve soon for you! Your wip's look great.

Kathy A. said...

Your stitching is really lovely. I really love A Love Song and your color choice is stunning. That Garnet is just gorgeous. Hope that things work out for you on the job front and that you do enjoy some of your enforced leave. Hang in there baby!!

Anonymous said...

Both of your WIPs are gorgeous! ((hugs)) - will be keeping my fingers crossed that an opportunity opens up at one of those branches.

Karoline said...

Both of your wips are gorgeous. I'm glad to hear that the kids are settling down well ans I'll keep my fingers crossed that theres an opening for you at a local branch soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear, so much going on! The stitching is marvellous! You have really done well!

The work situation is a bit of a bugger as they say in Aus. Poor you! I think they are a bit (no! a lot!)mean making you use your leave!

Something will come up soon, I have a feeling in my bones!

xxxxxx

Sue said...

I LOVE the Four Oaks Design you are working on. I have this in my stash and it calls to me frequently but I've not yet started it. Your Village is coming along super too ;)

Carla said...

VoHRH is looking fantastic!!! And your monocromatic pice looks great too, never seen this design before.Take care!

Anonymous said...

Village of Hawk Run is an awesome piece. That is A LOT of stitching.

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Great WIPs! I really like A Love Song; the color that you picked is yummy.

Ranae said...

Both Love Song And VoHRH are looking awesome.
I do hope everything works out well with you soon, (fingers XX)

mainely stitching said...

Enforced leave is never pleasant, and the end of winter is always (IMHO) a time prone to bouts of depression. I hope that life will soon be back on a happier course. Your stitching is lovely - thanks so much for sharing it!

Marita said...

Your stitching looks beautiful.

I hope you get a job soon.

Carol said...

Wow, they both look fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there - moving is in the top 3 of life's biggest stresses and that is without having to find a new job placement as well.
All your stitching pieces are so, so intricate, Love Song is just gorgeous.
VOHRH is looking fantastic - the graveyard square is amazing :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Its been awhile and all of yoru WIPS look fantastic! I hope you have tools and support to help you deal with your depression.

Felicity said...

Welcome back to blogging. I really like all that you are working on. Situational stress causes depression. Goodness knows that moving house is one of biggest of life's stresses! Go with the flow & you will come out the other side (hugs).

Michelle said...

Both of your WIPs are looking gorgeous - love that red you're using! I know how frustrating and hard it can be looking for a job, since I am currently doing that as well since I was laid off from my job. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that something turns up soon!

Gina E. said...

Hi Joanne,
Ditto to all the comments here about your stitching - I think they are both exceptional, given that they are on such fine linen (and not Aida!). My sympathy goes out in abundance with the job situation. After I lost my job I'd had and loved for 7 years, it took 4 months before I got another one, but it was worth the wait. I have settled into it very happily, so it pays to remember that everything happens for a reason, and your waiting game might turn out for the best.
Hugs,
Gina

staci said...

Both of your WIP's look wonderful! It can be so difficult and stressful applying for jobs...I've been a SAHM for 13 yrs, I have no idea what I could put on a resume or application now! Maybe I should call myself a personal assistant to 3 junior executives, LOL!!! Good luck, everything will work out~~and that's great about the kids settling in with school, that's so important and one less thing to stress over :)

Chelle said...

Your Love Song is turning out fantastic! The design has such a deep border. There is a lot of work there! Your Village is looking lovely, too. I hope your job situation resolves itself quickly. That sort of uncertainty is very draining. Hang in there!

stitching aussie style said...

Your WIP are fantastic! Keep the pictures coming. :-)
I hope the job situation works itself out quickly, that can be very stressful in itself without the move as well. I hope the visit from the "old black dog" doesn't last too long. Glad to hear that the kids are settling in well.
Thanks for your kind words on my blog.
Lindy

Anonymous said...

beautiful work you are doing! just gorgeous! Much insipration recieved from viewing your work! Thank you!

An Aussie girl who loves to cross stitch